Sunday 25 May 2008

Photobucket


The rain is making all the flowers in the garden look sad. Amy and I were going to have a look at the Taste of Spain thing going on in Regent Street today. But we decided against it. She will be making squirrel cakes for the orphans she found near her house. I said they were vermin, she is going to look after them anyway. I am to watch Prison Break because I love it too much. It was the only thing that kept me from going crazy when I was really convalescing.

I've not been too good at getting to where I've wanted to be this week. There was another recording of The Wall, also I was planning to go to Oxford and Brighton. But it never happened. I did go into the new school to assess some of the children for the assistant head. 9am - 2pm and then to the Wombats gig at the Royal Albert Hall. I could have died. We had stall seats but people were standing. I managed to stand for about 3 songs, then I fell asleep (!) and then everyone went a bit mad and stood on their seats. Security were well panicked, then gave up. I felt bad for desecrating such a lovely place.

Yesterday we went to the pilot recording of In My Country with Omid Djalili and Stephen K Amos. A new sitcom about immigrants who live together and the hilarity which inevitably ensues. I really enjoyed it actually. It's not something I would have ever tuned into but I liked it. I expected there to be a guy holding cards saying 'laugh big style' or 'clap loudly' etc, but we were trusted to perform of our own accord.

On the bus home, a punk peed himself and his lady friend asked me if I had a tissue. I told her to keep the whole pack. Another lady stepped in the pee even after I screamed, "Don't step in the pee!!" It was disgusting.I quite like documenting good stuff. It is enjoyable to me. So, on a similar vein, I am going to purchase a camcorder and record my whole life. I will! I don't actually know what it entails, in terms of editing and all that, so I may change my mind. But I want to. It will be fun. So there.

And, lastly, I finally finished Book of Lost Things. It was so action packed! I've started the Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood but I don't really like the way it is written. I am only on chapter 2, though.